Living with arthritis can be extremely painful and frustrating. The inflammation and stiffness can make it difficult to do even the simplest tasks. If you are looking for ways to get relief from your arthritis joint pain, you are in luck. There are a number of things you can do to ease your pain and help you feel better.
1. Exercise regularly. While it may seem counterintuitive, exercise is actually one of the best things you can do for your arthritis. Regular exercise helps to reduce inflammation, improve flexibility, and increase strength. All of these things can help to lessen your pain. Consider talking to your doctor or a physical therapist about an exercise plan that is right for you.
2. Take warm baths or showers. Warm water can help to relax your muscles and reduce stiffness. It can also increase blood flow and reduce inflammation. Soak in a warm bath or take a shower for 20-30 minutes a day to help ease your pain.
3. Apply heat or cold packs. Heat can help to reduce muscle spasms and stiffness. Cold can numb the pain and reduce inflammation. Alternate between heat and cold packs for 20 minutes at a time several times a day to find relief from your pain.
4. Massage your joints lightly with lotion or cream. Massage can improve blood flow and reduce stiffness and inflammation. Be sure to use a lotion or cream – you may use CBD cream which is known to help with arthritis pain.
5. Try acupuncture or acupressure. These traditional Chinese medicine techniques have been shown to provide relief from arthritis pain by stimulating pressure points in the body.
6. Use over-the-counter pain relievers. Pain relievers like ibuprofen and acetaminophen can help to ease your pain. Be sure to follow the directions on the package or talk to your doctor before taking any medication.
7. Take supplements. Some supplements, like fish oil and glucosamine, have been shown to help reduce arthritis pain.
8. Try aromatherapy. Certain essential oils, like lavender and peppermint, can help to ease pain and reduce inflammation. You can add a few drops of oil to a diffuser or add them to your bathwater.
9. Get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is important for overall health, but it can also be helpful in reducing pain. When you sleep, your body has a chance to heal and repair itself. Lack of sleep can make the pain worse. Aim for 7-8 hours of sleep each night.
There we have it. 9 ways to get relief from arthritis joint pain. Try a few of these techniques and see what works best for you. You might be really surprised by the results.